Saturday, August 3, 2013

Free Chair Pocket Pattern is Finally Here




Ok, so here's the pattern as promised.  If you crochet, you know how to make adjustments for your chair arm.  Make sure you measure. 

Chair Pocket

Cotton yarn
G hook
Gauge isn't that important

Chain 40

Round 1, SC in 2ndh chain from hook and each chain to end, SC 3 in end chain and do not turn but continue crocheting around the other side of the 40 chains adding 2 in the end stitch.

Rounds 2 and 3, repeat round 1 so you have 3 rounds with increases on each end.

Round 4, SC in each stitch around with NO increases for about 3 rows, or desired number of rows to make a more solid bottom.

Round 6, if you want, change to a DC around each row for about 17 or desired size of pouch.  

Because you crocheted around, the stitches/rows tend to twist so begin next row by slip stitch to the corner so the flap goes straight up the side.  About 4 sts.



Now crochet in rows going back and forth to the desired length so that it fits around the arm of your chair.  I am using mine on a passenger seat in the motor home so they are quite thick and big.  I did 35 rows and then:

If you want a contrasting color, I had to because I ran out of the orange, attach it at the top in corner going down the side of the flap till you get to the pouch, sc across the top of the pouch and back up the other side of the flap.  End off.

Try the pouch on the arm and determine where the buttons should go.  I used 3 but 4 might be better depending on the width of your pouch.  Sew on buttons and use the spaces between the DC as button holes.  Waalaa!  Chair pouch!

I would love to see your finished project if you could send me a picture I'll post it.  kma2053@gmail.com  Thank you and comment, too, so I know if you like to see more free patterns.

Don't miss the filet crochet patterns I have for sale, too.

Thanks for visiting and happy crocheting!

Kathy

No comments: